Recent News


Below are some frequently asked questions and answers. If you need things like birth or death certificates, marriage licenses, tax information, property ownership, or need something from the magistrate court, please call the Jefferson County Courthouse. These numbers can be found under Jefferson County in the Government pages of your phone book.


Where are the city limits?

2005 Map of City Limits


When is city hall open?

Monday through Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm, except for federal holidays and weather emergencies.
We are located at 158 West Fremont


Where do I apply for a dog license?

Dog licenses are handled at City Hall. All dogs need a license that is good from January 1st to December 31st. Spayed and neutered dogs are $5 each. Intact dogs are $10. Cats do not require a license.


When do you declare a snow emergency?

A snow emergency is declared after a snowfall of more than three inches. Plowing starts on the snow emergency routes first and then go to side streets.


What if I have an emergency on the weekend or after hours?

Call the Sheriff's office at 745-9210 and they will contact the Public Works employee on call.


Where do I get an application for a building permit?

Building permits for fences, garages, additions, remodels, signs or new construction must be obtained from City of Rigby Planning & Zoning at 158 W. Fremont.


Why do you claim to be the birthplace of television?

These links are provided to give you some background on the invention of Modern TV and Philo T. Farnsworth.